Discover Opportunities at Durvet
At Durvet we take serving our member customers very seriously. In fact, we like to say that we exist to serve our members! We work hard and we have fun. We’re looking for people with passion combined with good old fashioned family values to join our team and help take our growing company to even greater heights. Here are more specifics on what we’re looking for with this position.
To apply for any position submit a resume by:
Email: Submit Application – OR – Mail to: Durvet, Inc
ATTN: Durvet Careers
100 S.E. Magellan Drive
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Below are the current job openings available
Field Technical Specialist
Reports to: Mark Ficken
In this role you are responsible to be a primary contact for inbound and outbound communications for Durvet members, member sales representatives, Durvet member customers, and direct consumers and product training with key strategic retail accounts. The person in this position will be asked to travel 50%, in addition to accountability in developing relationships, properly document/manage complaint issues/emergency calls and initiate, enhance and support sales; i.e. for orders, promotions/programs, and events. Will focus on all Durvet labeled product areas yet will typically receive and support needs for all Durvet manufacturer labeled products to help grow our market share.
- Enjoy the continual phone work yet excited to occasionally participate in trade shows & customer events
- Love the technical stuff, really love the customer and enjoy being a “go-to person who has deep technical knowledge (or can tap our resources) for questions/needs on many Durvet products
- Ability to be technical and relational for every caller, every time for day to day and complex matters
- The temperament to listen and support as well as to promote and sell
- Discipline to take responsibility to manage our product complaint process that meets all compliance requirements & helps complainants, as possible
- A desire to expand knowledge & scope of work
- Support Key account and National account reps by assisting with product training at the store level.
- Store training will require 50% travel and follow up on the phone regarding new and existing products at all strategic retail accounts.
- Awareness and excitement to support and be a key contributor to sales, to service and to teamwork
- High School diploma or equivalent required; prefer Associates degree years of experience in an ag-related area; preferred
- 3-5 years working experience with Livestock, Equine and/or other animals and/or 3-5 years of experience as Vet Tech or in Animal Health field
- Passion for animals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to discuss, answer questions and resolve issues that can be technical and for emergency as well as day to day standard questions/needs
- Proficient use of standardized word processing, spreadsheets, and shared calendars
- Overnight travel as required to support Durvet activities